Friday, July 16, 2010

A Contest of Wills

Actually its a contest of just one Will and a Chris, but whatever. After some discussion and challenging, Chris and I decided to see how many days in a row we can fish. The kicker is that the loser buys gas for the next road-fishing trip and the winner picks out two flies from the loser's flybox. As a failsafe measure for our marriages, we later capped the contest at 30 days, so there is a chance that it ends in a tie.

Trying to not lose has gotten me out everyday this week. I thought I'd share some photos from the week out.


Trying to find a somewhat off-trail pond, I got into some really great hiking. This was almost as much fun as fishing.


I won't tell you where it is, but if you find yourself looking at this scenery and go in the direction indicated--you'll find it. Good luck, ha!


I caught a few decent BG at this very unfished pond, and I think I would've done better had the weather been on my side. It was exactly 163 degrees in the shade that day.


These are not quite as large as I got used to catching at another pond, but they were just as much fun.


I couldn't survive all week on stillwater, so had to go find some moving stuff. This was Day #3


The fish population at Tilles seems to be healthy; I caught lots of 4-5" BG that shows me there is a good fish base. I think this Redear died from trauma, not illness. It was a nice fish, sort of a shame to see it like this. This was Day #4.

No comments:

Post a Comment