Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Goal of Eight

I believe I've mentioned before and directly to many that I've set a goal of fishing each of the eight healthy stream systems that exist in Jefferson, St. Louis and St. Charles counties. I have had a difficult time tracking down the name of each, but this morning I succeeded in completing the list. They are as follows:

Dardenne Creek
LaBarque Creek
Fox Creek
Plattin Creek
Femme Osage Creek
Joachim Creek
Peruque Creek
Big River

My joy at finishing the list was mitigated by the last entry: the Big River. Chris and I have fished it a number of times and I have gone solo once or twice. I have fished on two sections...and have been unsuccessful in every attempt. Since my goal is not only to fish in each of these streams but also to catch something with gills out of them...this may prove to be one of the most challenging bits of my goal. Others speak of a huge SM and LM Bass population and great fishing, but I have yet to have any of that "great fishing" on the end of my Finesse 3wt.

I have another day off tomorrow (one of the perks of retail management...the only perk really) and I'll map out and travel to another of these creeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment